1020 Beckman Road Lodi CA 95240 (209) 367-6500
If you have visited this dealership please take a moment and rate by clicking the review tab.
By taking a few minutes you can let everyone know how well you were treated or you can register a complaint.
If your thinking of visiting this dealer the review tab allows you to read other customer reviews.
If you are one of the lucky customers who walk in to Geweke Toyota to select a car and purchase it, and no issues come up, consider yourself blessed. However, if you are one of the minority who have given them an opportunity to demonstrate their abject lack of integrity, you will no doubt have discovered that underneath the façade of congenial salesmanship lies the epitome of the caricature of the slimy, dishonest, underhanded, sneaky, lying, stealing car salesman that one thinks to discover only in a movie or story. Here are the details of our very disturbing dealings with Geweke Toyota.
1. We purchased a 2006 Kia Amanti from them.
2. During the purchase they showed me a clean Auto Report.
3. I asked them specifically if the vehicle had any body damage in its past that was not included on the report.
4. They told me “no.” (I believe that this was a well informed lie on the part of their sales manager, Todd. You will see why at the end).
5. After driving the car less than 20 miles, the bumper popped away from the fender.
7. I posted a negative review, and received a very quick response from Todd. He was sorry that I was not happy and wanted to make it right.
8. I checked with my body shop. They told me that the damage was so serious to the frame that they could not give an estimate without dismantling the car. I showed Todd the damage that was visible, and explained to him what the body shop had reported about the severity of the damage.
9. Todd allowed us to “trade” the Amanti back in for $2500.00 less than we paid for it only a couple weeks earlier.
10. He left us the choice of keeping up payments on a severely damaged automobile, or taking a $2500 dollar loss. In my mind anyone with a smidge of integrity would have said “Oh no. I had no idea the car was damaged. Let me refund your money and work up a deal on another car.” That was not even considered by the people at Geweke Toyota.
11. We traded the car in on a new car (couldn’t trust these guys with another used one).
12. He claimed that he was giving us a FANTASTIC deal, but we know better. I had my mother in law get a quote (we didn’t trust them anymore) on the very car we were considering. They quoted her $600 less than they made us pay, all the while claiming they were cutting the price so much to try to make us the best deal possible. We didn’t dare say anything because we didn’t want to get stuck with a permanently damaged Kia Amanti, and had to go through with some deal.
13. Two days later, the Kia Amanti was BACK ON THEIR LOT FOR SALE AT A PRICE HIGHER THAN WE PAID FOR IT, and an advertisement claiming a CLEAN HISTORY!
14. The lack of integrity of Geweke Toyota, and by extrapolation the entire Geweke set of franchises is galling and scary. Anyone who does business with them is taking a risk that the deal will not require any acts of honesty or forthrightness on the part of Geweke.